Are girl gamers in League Of Legends boosted?

This is actually a really hot topic in every gaming community, not just when it comes to the League of Legends community. 

People, mostly boys are assuming that grill gamers are just boosted to higher divisions by their friends. Why? Well, the answer is very simple - because they are girls (◣_◢).


I've actually witnessed first-hand multiple times how people react when you have high elo/tier/division/rating in World of Warcraft or League of Legends. It does not matter how you achieved it tbh, your rank will be questioned NO MATTER WHAT based on your gender and I guarantee that boys won't go through the same hassle even if they posted the same screenshot/had exactly same stats as you (because they are boys after all).

So, are we all truly "boosted"? What does it even mean? In competitive gaming, namely League of Legends, a word describing a player who has had a player log into his or her account and raised the rank of the account. I am 100% sure that there are girls who are just getting straight boosted to a higher division from silver to get that fancy gold border, but that's only a small percentage of the cases.

League of Legends community is forgetting something; they accuse only GIRLS for some reason and I think that's a complex of superiority, hiding their inferiority when they see a girl with higher rank and get jealous of that or can be caused also by stereotypes in gaming culture and culture itself. Every time I see girls somewhere posting her achievements in games, to some group on Facebook or on Twitter, boys are spamming "boosted grill", "boosted" or even calling her slut. Why are they doing this, though? I have seen so many times BOYS who even paid for higher division (I mean there is even elo boosting when you search on google) and it's a common thing that they also play with their friends who are smurfing in low elo to boost them for free. 

Let me clarify something - I know it's not fair that some girl/boy is playing with smurfs who are clearly really high division but why the hell does League community always point out this behavior only when girls are included and boys don't get this "special treatment"?

Of course, more boys play League than girls so it's logical, but I don't think a girl would pay for something like that anyway (?).  In general, I am more than certain than boys are more likely to get their higher-ranked friends to play on their accounts (or strangers in case of elo boosting sites) only because they like to brag about it in front of other people and due to their competitiveness. Note: of course we can find exceptions everywhere.

The second case is that people are replacing the real definition of boosted with just "getting carried". Carry is a definition of someone who is a primary carrying the game by killing other players or assisting allies to slay other players and has a great influence on a game. So people refer to girls as "you were just carried to this elo". Arguments for this are associated with Dynamic Queue in League of Legends which allows you to invite other players to your ranked game. The first thing why this argument is kind of invalid is that you can't duo/triple queue with someone who is absolutely out of your elo because League itself doesn't allow you to do that. For example Diamond I: Can only queue with Diamond I, II, III, IV, Challenger, and Master Tier players, while Silver Tier: Can only queue with Bronze, Silver and Gold Tier players. For more information click here.

What is really making me think that the gaming community lost common sense is also that this looks like girls can't even play with friends any more? If I am having fun with my friend while I am playing duo queue, should I stop doing that just because someone thinks that my friend is carrying me to higher elo? Of course no!

I think that most of the players play games because they want to have fun and I see no reason to accuse dumb assumptions like that. I personally love playing supports in League and main Soraka, which is a healer/support champion. I play duo queue often and also triple queue as well because I enjoy it more than playing alone. I don't consider myself boosted. I am trying hard each game to improve and to win a game, I'm trying to be positive and somehow cheer up myself even if I'm losing. In most cases, I win bot lane and I'm still useful in late as well (of course there are exceptions, but not many, everyone has bad games).

My point is that almost all boys I know who play League play with their friends' dynamic queue, so they are getting carried as well? Should we comment every boy who plays with his friend or friends as carried by him/them? That's just stupid! At this point, you should already realize how stupid is commenting on every girl that she is boosted/ carried. It's pointless. I have advice for people who do that: let people live their lives and enjoy their favorite activities because that's what's life about. Being happy. Why spreading hate even in the game which should lead to fun? :)




14 comments:

  1. I definitely agree with your statement.
    I think the biggest problem is that gaming is still seen as a boy thing. That's probably why most boys don't really see girls as competitors, but rather as an "inferior type of player". Thus assuming that they didn't earn their rank by themselves but from getting carried.
    I do think though that this will change in the future, as gaming will be prevalent to a wider range of people and definitely more to female players.

    As a side note, I'd recommend to not go too much into detail when describing league ranks, but rather something in terms of "People can only queue with players of similar skill level" etc ;)
    Makes it easier to understand for people who don't play the game.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's true there are less girl playing games than boys, but still it's not an excuse for them doing such statements! Yeah I hope so too ^^

      Haha, yeah, I am just used to gamer slang and more like League slang too much ;D I just assumed that this topic will be interesting for League community ^^


      Thank you for sharing your opinion

      Delete
  2. Well, as far as i know, not everyone thinks so. I know some girls that are really great at the game (even think that about you lol) but it is so basic for me to meet someone who wants a boost and sadly, mostly girls ask for it. Though i don´t support this kind of things (aka boosting) still - you mentioned playing with friends. Like, even i, as a dia player want to play with my silver friends and we all know that normal games are trolled usually. So its not even boost, or well, it is but i am not boosting them for the elo just for the fun we have while playing together :) but i kinda run off topic.
    Even you know some girls in high elo are boosted (we all know some and i believe you know even more then i do) so the stereotype isnt that unbelieveable, its kinda logical, even though its sad :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, haha ^^. Oh well, I can only talk from what I spotted - and I know so many guys who are getting boosted by their friends, that I don't know if it's mainly girls issue. But that's just my experience. I would say I know that many PEOPLE are boosted in any elo. I don't think that's the isssue tho, I don't see on facebook boys getting flamed cos they play support, but I receive that hate a lot (and yes, it's cus I'm a girl). It's not majority of people, but it's just sad you know. And also my point is boys are boosting girls often cus of nudes, but that's fault of that boys on first place, because they want attention from girls so much that they are willing to even play on their accounts to get it.

      Delete
  3. Secure your rank now with our Elo Boost Bros benefit! We are a gathering of experienced players that offer Solo Queue and Duo Queue Boosting. Get us for Elo Boosting administrations. Here are possibilities for the elo support, elo boosting, duoq lift and duo queue boosting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We provide the cheapest ELO boosting service. The World's Greatest LoL Training Powerhouse Boosting Service, Buy Elo Boost, Fast Elo Boost.Buy Elo Boost

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your blog. Do you ever run into any web browser compatibility problems? A number of my blog visitors have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Opera. Do you have any tips to help fix this problem? rocket league boost

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not rly, it seems like my theme is working on all although it's customized one which was downloaded from third party server. No idea what could be wrong

      Delete
  6. A lot of thanks for all your valuable work on this blog. Kim take interest in making time for research and it's easy to understand why. Many of us hear all regarding the compelling medium you make priceless strategies on your web blog and as well as strongly encourage contribution from others on that issue then our own daughter has always been understanding a whole lot. Have fun with the remaining portion of the year. Your conducting a great job. rainbow six siege boosting

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello! This post could not be written any better! Reading through this post reminds me of my previous room mate! He always kept chatting about this. I will forward this post to him. Fairly certain he will have a good read. Many thanks for sharing! dota 2 boost

    ReplyDelete
  8. Phenomenal Blog! I may want to thank for the endeavors you've produced in composing this post. I'm trusting exactly the same best work from you later on too.lol boost

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easily, the is actually the best topic on this registry related issue. I participate in your conclusions and will eagerly anticipate your following updates. Just saying thanks won't you should be sufficient, for the fantasti c lucidity in your writing. I'll instantly grab your rss feed to keep informed of any updates.lol elo boost

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found your this post while searching for information about blog-related research ... It is a good post .. keep posting and updating information..cheap elo boost

    ReplyDelete