CHAPTER VI: Fate vs free will

CHAPTER VI


Is there such a thing as free will or are we chained by destiny? As the thoughts flew to me naturally, without rethinking or overthinking I came to the conclusion that there is more to this and it's not as simple as anticipated. 

There is fate, but I understand it probably a little differently than other definitions of fate. Fate means that we are bound to discover certain things or meet certain people or anything inevitable, even in a negative way (like death).

Although this could seem like we have no free will if everything is fate - no, not everything. Only certain important, life-changing (key) events are the aftermath of destiny. Destiny can be understood as karma from previous lives too (for me it's the same thing). Karma is basically an accumulation of all that you thought, did, and felt in previous lives as I already explained before. Therefore these key events occur no matter what we do because they are inevitable. That's why we for example always ask why does this human suffers so much, he was so good whole life... Why is this happening? Life is unfair! Well, it seems that way, but it's actually not. We must experience these things in order to evolve spiritually, as I wrote before. No one evolves in a dual world without experiences of great suffering and happiness too (and other emotions of course). Just some people tend to suffer more than others (and this is the result of fate or karma).

Our minds are greater than we expect - they are able to influence so many things in the physical world, even though we produce only feelings or thoughts (images) of certain phenomena. This all is leading to shifts in our possible futures. I can give you an example of my weird illness without going into detail (doctors can't really help me) - I didn't give up. I could, but instead, I tried to fix it in my own way, an alternative way. I am still working on it but it improved so much just by my own shift in thinking and realizing how powerful is mind. I might write about this topic later in the future too. And that's what I mean - even though for example something terrible happens and there was no way of deflecting it, we are still able to have our own free will at that moment and decide what are we going to think and do next. Even at the worst moment, or at the best, it's us who decide the next action. It's us who define our next destination by our lives in this world too.

1 comment:

  1. Heya, I don't want to lead you on, so let me just say out of the gate that I think most of your ideas are "not even wrong" (google it). You would probably consider of me one of the people that "just doesn't understand it". However I think I understand you pretty well, and I sincerely feel it would be interesting to have a conversation in good faith about the things you've written here on your blog. Like a conversation about the burden of proof, determinism, how to form valid arguments from intuition, and some general stuff on how to phrase thoughts coherently. Think it might be a fun conversation if you don't mind having a stranger tell you he thinks you're wrong.

    ReplyDelete