Are humans the most intelligent species?

"Shinichi, I looked up the concept of demons, I believe that among all life, humans are the closest creatures to it. Humans kill and eat a wide variety of life forms. My kind eats merely one or two kinds at most. We are quite frugal in comparison." Migi, Kiseijuu: Sei no Kakuritsu.

Here we go, guys. This is the topic I have been thinking about a lot recently. What is written above makes me a question: what are we? Humans consider themselves as the most intelligent beings in the world, but I just somehow can't see it the same way. Can we consider ourselves as the most intelligent based only on the ability of speech and think somehow more complex than other species? Sure, when it comes to technical progress and developing new devices, but somehow I feel that humanity forgot about something that is way more important than that. We exist only because we have the air, water, and nature which grants us food. Biologically, we are still dependent on nature. But that makes me wonder: why is mankind forgetting about these things? What humans do is basically destroying their own environment; polluting air, water, destroying forests for wood, killing animals while protecting others or even killing each other (absurdity is the second term which I would use to describe humans). So yes, unfortunately, I must admit - we are self-destructive and I agree with the quote above - among all life, humans are the closest creatures to demons. It's not just about how humans bring destruction upon nature itself, humans bring destruction to themselves as well. We are part of nature and I'm waiting for the rest of the world to realize this. I realize that in this current world not many people care about these things and not many people can see this clearly. Something is just wrong with this world. People care more about Kim Kardashian's ass than about things that should matter to everyone. Honestly, this world wouldn't need leaders or government if humans would have common sense. But they became too comfortable with just obeying other people who are in charge, the people who can be considered to take a part of the responsibility for what's happening in the world instead of trying to find out what's right and what's not right in their own psyché, soul, call it whatever you want. Though I am not convinced if every person has this ability when I see the terrifying things happening everywhere in the world. 

So I came to a conclusion which may sound cruel, but I consider it the only natural. I believe that a solution to these problems might be a natural predator for humans. Some different life form, stronger than humans - because we don't seem to be capable of using our self- defined intelligence to do the right things. When I compare it to other species, we devour the planet so much that life won't exist after a few decades if we will continue. Other animals basically live in peace when I compare it to our kind. Not to mention, humans are able to kill their own kind for absurd things. Humans can enjoy fucked up things like rape, torture, or the abuse of another human being. Humans should be awarded for being absolutely the most disgusting creatures on this earth when it comes to empathy and compassion for others (note: others as every life form). This lack of a spiritual element in humans is a true plague.

We, "strong humans" decide what species should be killed and eaten like we are superior to them all, while the human population itself should be reduced. I don't deny the laws of nature, I understand how animals work, I know that it's only natural for them to kill for food if they are flesh-eaters but humans are hypocrites when they decide which animals should be hunted because they are according to them overpopulated while HUMAN OVERPOPULATION is clearly an existing problem, I would say way bigger than some animal "overpopulation". We apply these humane rights only to OURSELVES, to humans (note: or we just claim to do?). No compassion for these animals, they are overpopulated anyway. But hello? They feel pain as well, they want to fight for their lives as well! What gives us the right to decide which kind should be reduced? Absurd humans sometimes act like some primitive barbarians. 

In general, humans are the most-selfish creatures acting superior the whole time, because we think we can't be endangered by anything just because we are right now on the top of the food chain. But in my opinion, everything evolves and the time when some predator stronger and more intelligent than humans will be born humans will realize their absurdity for sure. It might be the last thing which mankind will realize. 

Note: I realize that not every human being can be found in my view of the world and mankind. But the majority can.

*Arrigato onii-chan for edit* 

0 komentárov:

Post a Comment